Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Children's Book


Flick! Goes my tail,
Twitch! Go my ears,
What could that be?
A mouse I hear?
Stealthily sneaking,
I creep down the hall,
Quiet and listening,
Hugging the wall...

This scent is strange,
I sniff the air,
And on the floor?
A tuft of hair?
But this is gray,
And mine is black,
Perhaps I'd better,
Watch my back...

Shadows dart past
The kitchen door,
I'm not alone,
As I was before...
But this is my house!
So who are you?
What did you say?!
You live here too?

You just moved in?
From far away?
It cannot be!
You're here to stay?
Says who?! I growl,
With puffy tail,
I hiss and crouch,
To no avail...

For I'm here too,
Moved in like you,
How that happened?
Haven't a clue.

1 comment:

Tawny said...

Great Job, Kitty! I loved every illustration =) xoxox

Followers